For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on 0151 632 7722, or by post at Lake House, Lake Place, Hoylake, Wirral, CH47 2DN. Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data we hold about you.
The Loft may change this policy from time to time. Changes will be posted on our website and you will be deemed to have accepted the new terms upon your first use of our website after the alterations have been made. We recommend that you regularly check this page.
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold
* The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data
* The right of access to the personal data we hold about you
* The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete
* The right to be forgotten i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you
* The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data
* The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation)
* The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes
* Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office. For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
2. Contact information including email addresses and phone numbers
3. Your IP address, web browser, time zone
4. The date and time you visited our website
5. How long you remained on our website
6. The pages you visited on our website
7. If applicable, the site from which you came from or what search terms referred you to the site
8. Information about the device and browser (such as, browser type and version, operating system, etc)
9. We collect publicly available information across our Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter to monitor engagement and identify potential leads.
We collect device information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
* We may use this information to improve our products and services
* We may use this information to provide you with news and articles
* We may use this information to send you emails about our latest offers or other information which we think will be valuable to you.
* We may use your information to contact you for market research purpose.
* We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests
* We may use this information to reply to emails and enquiries from you.
All personal data is stored and processed securely, for no longer than is necessary. Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because you have consented to our use of your data (e.g. by subscribing to emails or making an enquiry), because it is necessary of our performance of a contract with you, or because it is in our legitimate interests. We will not send you unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR.
We collect personal information under the following lawful bases:
* Marketing purposes (Consent)
* Sharing and promoting our news (Consent)
* Customer experience; monitoring usage and improving services according to engagement (Legitimate Interest – service improvement)
* Your data will only be stored in the UK.
* We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your data is not sold to any third parties.
This site uses third party vendor remarketing tracking cookies, including Google AdWords tracking cookie. This means that we will show you ads across the internet. The third-party vendors whose services we use, place cookies on web browsers in order to serve ads based on past visits to our website. This allows us to make special offers and market our service to those who have shown an interest.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting: FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
* In addition to your rights under the GDPR, when you submit personal data via our website, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the initial point of contact when providing your details.
* You may access certain areas of our website without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our website you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge within 30 days. Please contact us for more details.
* All Cookies used by and on our website are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
* Before certain Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a notification requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of our website may not function fully or as intended.
* Certain features of our website depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below but please be aware that our website may not work properly if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
* The following first-party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
"laravel_session" - Set by the CMS to help with logins.
"XSRF-TOKEN" - Set by the CMS to protected our web forms.
* Our website uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling us to better understand how our websites is used. This, in turn, enables us to improve our websites and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of our website, it does enable us to continually improve our website, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
* The analytics service used by our website uses the following Cookies to gather the required information:
"__utmc" - Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
"__utmt" - Used to throttle request rate.
* In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
* You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however, you may lose any information that enables you to access our website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
* It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.